Howdy friends!! Apparently Fridays are the only day I can find enough time to post.. I'll try harder next week, I promise!
1. Renee from Fantastic First Grade Froggies has featured me today in her Friday Teacher Feature post!! Please head over to her blog & give her some love! She shares tons of great ideas & has an awesome TPT Store! =)
2. My district is starting to get the standardized test jitters and we are now in "test prep mode" (woo...?) I've been searching for some standardized test prep resources/lessons/units/etc.. anyone know of any?? Your help would be greatly appreciated =)
3. My 3rd graders worked on simple and compound sentences this week. I found this super great freebie from Ashley Miller's TPT Store! It was great practice for my kiddos and kept them busy with all the cutting and gluing!
4. Some of my 4th graders are working on decimals and fractions, and I couldn't be prouder of how well they have been doing! I have to be honest.. I was a little hesitant about this unit (probably because I was never crazy about fractions when I was a student) but I must say, they seem to be really getting it so far! So, yay! =) We've been playing some great games on ABCya.com to practice fractions & decimals. Click on the pics above to check them out for yourself!
5. And last, but certainly not least.. I have just been accepted to grad school, yay!! I will be starting a master's program for Educational Technology this summer. I can't believe I'm actually going to be back in school again.. but I'm excited!
So that's it for my Five for Friday. Now I'm off to paint my nails & enjoy my Friday night. On my way home from work today, I made a few stops and indulged in some of my guilty pleasures.. coffee & nail polish.. oops! =P
Which color should I paint them tonight? Hmm..